Additional Fees for New Homes
REFUNDABLE BUILDING DEPOSIT: $2000.00
For all new homes, there is a refundable building deposit. A partial refund of 50% of the refundable building deposit will be issued to the Developer when all of the conditions below have been met.
The Municipality must be provided with:
- Receipt of Final Inspection of the building before occupancy.
- Completion of all deficiencies.
- Receipt of Real Property Report and Lot (Rough Grade level) Grading Certificate as per Section 8 of Building Bylaw No. 9-2011.
- Inspection of sewer service connection by the municipality.
- Installation of a sewage back flow preventor.
- Installation of future water connections, metres and readouts.
In any event, if the above items shown above are not completed within 36 months from the date of the approved development, the 50% of the partial refund shall be forfeited to the Municipality.
The remaining 50% of the building permit deposit will be refunded to the homeowner upon completion of the landscaping and driveway. If the landscaping and driveway are not completed within 36 months from the date of the approved development, the remaining 50% of the refund shall be forfeited to the Municipality. The refund will be issued by way of cheque by the local authority at a duly held meeting of Council.
WATER METER DEPOSIT: $350.00
SEWER SERVICE APPLICATION: $50.00
WATER SERVICE CONNECTION: $50.00
DEVELOPMEN FEE (WILLOW RIDGE ESTATES): $2800.00
The fees above are added to the initial permit fee.
If you have any questions, please call 781-4547-option #1
or by email at