Balgonie Overpass Detour
Regina Bypass Upcoming Works
Beginning Monday, July 9, weather permitting, Regina Bypass will begin finishing work on the Balgonie overpass. This work will be done in 2 phases and will include:
- Finishing work on the Balgonie Roundabouts will include adjustments of the outside lane curbing, to allow for easier movement.
- For safety, a portion, Bridge will be closed in each Phase while these adjustments are being completed.
- Video messaging boards and detour signage will be used to direct traffic.
Phase One - Detour
Closures: - East bound ramp off of Highway 1
- East bound ramp on to Highway 1
Duration: Approximately four weeks, weather permitting
Detours: No westbound restrictions
- Traffic heading east off Highway 46 at Balgonie must
travel west the White City Overpass to access Highway 1 East (red
map) http://pilotbutte.municipalwebsites.ca/Editor/images/Balgonie Overpass Detour - Phase I.pdf
- Traffic heading east to Balgonie on Highway 1 must exit at the White City Overpass and use the North Service Road to access the town
As well, during the summer months, Regina Bypass will be doing finishing work in various areas along the Highway 1 East portion of the project. This work will include:
- Bridge work
- Installation of signage
- Top soil and seeding
- Emergency U-Turn construction
- Guardrail installation
- Line painting
- Culvert construction
All motorists are reminded to please slow to 60 km an hour when travelling through construction zones.
Our Regina Bypass team appreciates your patience and understanding during these short temporary closure.
For more information on the Regina Bypass project please contact the 24-Hour Call Centre at 1-844-679.4828, visit our website at reginabypass.ca or follow us on Twitter @reginabypass